Sunday, February 26, 2012

This Past Week in Candi-Land


It has been a busy week kids! Last Sunday I went out twice. Brunch with a group of girlfriends and dinner with my friend Michelle. Wednesday I  had a very special treat. I have a group of girlfriends who have been getting together fairly regularly for years. I have always wanted to go, but because I have one of those pesky penis things I was never invited (damn penis, its always getting in the way!). Well now that I am out to almost everyone who really matters in my life, I was finally given an invitation to join the girls for a night out! We were celebrating one of the ladies birthdays, so of course we went to the Cheesecake Factory. As everyone knows all food and drink is fat,sugar, and calorie free on ones birthday! It has been my wish to be part of this group of ladies for years. The funny thing is that most of them have been out with me as Candice for other events. But to be accepted as part of their group and to be out with them means a lot to this girl.


Almost everyone of those girls I have known for over 10 or 12 years. and each of them contributed to my identity as a woman. Each of these women have amazing qualities and great character. I have learned so much from them over the years. In fact I am still learning from all my female friends everyday. I can not tell you how thankful I am for the women in my life. I know I have said this before, but it is true. These ladies have been with me through some very hard times in my life and I can not be thankful enough for them.


Thursday was our regular girls night. We did move the night from Tuesday this week, because one of the ladies was having a Fat Tuesday party and we did not want to take away from her event. We had such a good time, as always. The fun part is that we pick a new place every week. As each  night winds down the questions arises... Were should we go next week, where have we not been? Followed by one of the girls stating "Oh good I have a Groupon for that!" The girls are all Groupon/Living Social coupon queens! I feel like I need to start doing it myself. Its almost like a rite to full womanhood! Kind of like having breasts, child birth and menstruating! Okay that may be pushing it a bit much but not to far off the mark.


So as we were sitting and chatting a guy I know only as my male self walked through the bar area where we were sitting. Now I have not seen this guy for a year or more, but as he looked over at us his face had that "I know her from someplace" look. That was funny! I would have not cared if he came over to find out how he  knew that familiar looking woman. He is not a direct part of my life and knowing him, he would be cool with Candice. Just seeing that confused look on his face made my night. We will be back to our regular Tuesday night this week. This time its sushi. One of the girls has been to the chosen venue and highly recommended it. Of course I will be posting about it!


One last note... Saturday I took a girlfriend out for a belated birthday dinner in  guy mode. What was interesting about it, is that for the past week and a half I have only been out as Candice. So I had to find something to wear... as a guy! Almost all my dress shirts are at the cleaners and I had to work to pull myself together as a guy. Wow how things change. Its so much easier for me to be Candice now and I would not have it any other way.

Well I hope you all have a good Monday!

XXOO.
Candi

No comments:

Post a Comment